Another Scam? Well, let me clear one thing for you; I only recommend you the legit websites. So before entering my site, remove that question from your mind and put it in a trash box.
Appen Connect is a US-based company. Appen hires independent contractors/agents around the globe. They are currently operating in 130 countries with 400,000+ work-at-home contractors.
They have a wide range of work-from-home opportunities they call them as projects. Some projects can be short-term (a few days) while others can be long term(a few months).
Short term projects may include data collection(voice recording, Image collection, etc.), Translation, Transcription. Long term projects include Social media evaluator, data analyst, etc.
There will on-going projects all the time. Before working with them, you need to pass their qualifications, which is easy, but they take more time to review your requirements. Once you are qualified, you should receive an email from them.
Will they charge you anything for being an Independent Agent?
No, you don’t need to pay a single penny. Appen Connect never asks for your money and also there are no hidden registration charges.
- Active internet connection, Desktop/Laptop, Smartphone, and an active Payoneer account to receive payments.
- You must be at least 18 years old to become an independent contractor.
- Most of the short term projects require only a Smartphone. You can read about more requirements here.
How to become an independent agent at Appen Connect?
Follow the steps below or watch the walkthrough.
- Navigate to https://connect.appen.com/
- Click on Become an Agent on the top right of the menu bar.
- Scroll down and choose your country. You will be redirected to the next page.
- Select your primary language from the list. Also, select your language dialect. You can add additional languages by clicking on Click here to add another language. Check the box if you are an experienced translator and click Next.
- Enter your personal details, upload your CV, and click Submit Application. Don’t forget to enter our website thedollarhacks.com in Referred by section.
- By the time you should receive an Email verification from Appen Connect. After successful verification, you should receive another email from them with the subject Application Received.
After successful submission, expect an email from them within 48 hours. Sometimes they may take up to a week for reviewing your application so, sit back and relax.
Once their back end verification completes, you will be asked to log in and sign a primary contract form. Accept the terms and conditions, and sign the form.
Now, you can see various projects on your dashboard. Click on Qualify to apply for the project. Complete the general questionnaire related to that project. Once it is done, you will receive an email from them about your registration for the project. After reviewing your profile, they will invite you for the project via email. In your dashboard, under the All Projects section, you can find the projects that you qualified for. When you get qualified, you can see Work This! Option. Click on it and begin working.
Please note: Your account will be fully active only if you qualify at least one of their project.
It would be best if you were patient because qualifying for a project may take up to days to months. In my case, they took 20 days to accept me for my first project. It is definitely worth waiting for.
Appen Connect initiates payment on the 14th of every month, but it might take 3-5 additional days to reflect the amount in your Payoneer wallet. There are a few things that you should know. When you complete tasks for a project, your work will be submitted for review, and an invoice will be generated for the same. You can check the invoices under the My Invoices section. On the 1st or 2nd business days of every month, you should manually submit your invoice for approval. The project manager will approve the invoices, and the payment initiates on the 14th of the month.
For most projects, invoices are auto-generated; in other words, you just need to submit the already generated invoice for approval. Whereas for some projects, invoices should be created manually. For instance, it might seem complicated, but once you are qualified for a project, you will know more in detail.
- Add more languages with more dialects because it helps to unlock more projects at Appen Connect.
- Apart from your native language, Always add English US as your primary language. It would help for easy qualification and maximize your eligibility.
- Apply for all the projects that are available on your dashboard.
- Some projects may ask you to take a qualification test. Complete the quiz with the utmost care.
Pros and Cons in working with Appen
- Flexible working hours with a relaxed home environment.
- Simple tasks with proper instructions.
- Their customer support is Ok. They usually respond in a day or two. Sometimes they take up to a week, but the issue will be sorted for sure.
- Qualification for projects was too long. There are times where I got invited after 50 days of applying. Also, When you didn’t hear back from a project, you can reapply for the same project after 60 days
- This as not a career or a full-time job.
- Moreover, you will not get any additional benefits.
In conclusion, Appen paid me 5300 Rs the previous month. Here is the proof. I haven’t worked for any long term projects; however, you can make much more than me if you work on long terms projects.
Above all, I have seen a few people who are earning 12,000 per month from Appen connect.